We can coordinate all aspects of your For Sale By Owner or private party transaction via video conference and teleconference.
See fee schedule below.
Real Estate Attorney Devin Lucas can facilitate your For Sale by Owner or private sale with ease and security. We do countless For Sale by Owner, private sale and family sales throughout the state of California – it is a significant part of our business.
100 percent of our business is California real estate. We provide legal assistance for sellers and buyers, including review and drafting of the purchase agreement, disclosures and all sale related real estate documents to guide you from offer to closing. Confidentiality agreements and use of LLCs to further assure privacy can also be facilitated.
“For sale by owner” can encompass many forms that may be right for you as a seller or buyer. We readily see the following examples, but there’s no limit to the unique situation you may have.
- Selling to a tenant / Buying from a landlord
- Selling to a family member / Buying from a family member
- Selling to a friend / Buying from a friend
- Selling to a neighbor / Buying from a neighbor
- Selling to a co-worker / Buying from a co-worker
- Selling to a flipper or investor / Buying from a flipper or investor
- Selling to Zillow / Buying from Zillow
We can facilitate and assist with any transaction in the state of California. Electronic signatures, Zoom, mobile notaries, Fedex and electronic county filings make it all possible.
Already have a sale in-place? Perhaps even a contract? Thinking of selling to your tenant? Already in escrow with a REALTOR® but desire legal guidance and document review? We readily assist buyers and sellers navigate the legal complexities, document review and drafting involved in California Real Estate transactions.
How does it work? Easy. We prepare all documents necessary including the purchase agreement, counter offers, seller disclosures, drafting notes and financing documents (if applicable) and all required documentation and can even electronically record title. If applicable, we coordinate inspections, appraisals, due diligence, termite and/or other repairs. If a loan is involved, we work with the lender and a third-party title and escrow company (that the lender will require) and coordinate all aspects of the same to ensure a seamless transaction.
Costs / Fees
For 2021, given high demand, we now have published flat rates for all For Sale by Owner for private sale matters:
- Home value (value, not per se the purchase price) up to $1,000,000 – a $3,500 flat rate. $2,000 payable upfront, the remainder at closing.
- Home value $1,000,000 to $2,500,000 – a $4,500 flat rate. $3,000 payable upfront, the remainder at closing.
- Home value above $2,500,000 – please call. (we are routinely involved in seven and eight-figure real estate transactions)
- One hour private Zoom sessions are available to discuss legal or tax questions about a For Sale By Owner transaction. Consultation fees ($295) are applied towards a sale or purchase if you proceed with our office – Schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- Military and Law Enforcement Discounts available – click here for Military and Law Enforcement Discount information.
Fair warning to sellers – in a seller’s market (no doubt the current situation for most homes) countless advantages exist to traditional on-market sales (i.e. listing your home for sale on the open market, often with the use of a real estate broker and/or REALTOR®) to attract and achieve market-based top-dollar. That said, many situations exist where a private sale or for sale by owner is right for you.
If considering a traditional on-market sale (i.e. on the MLS, to maximize exposure) in the greater Newport Beach or Costa Mesa areas Lucas Real Estate – attorney Devin Lucas and CPA Courtney Lucas – offer five-star listing and buyer representation services including remodeling assistance, staging, and affiliation with the area’s leading luxury brokerage, Villa Real Estate. Please click here to learn more about our on-market five-star listing services; Please click here to learn more about our five-star buyer representation services.
Contact by phone or email anytime: